OSD (Oral Solid Dosage)
Solid Dosage solutions for the Pharmaceutical Industry
The Oral Solid Dosage manufacturing process – sometimes referred to as Secondary Pharmaceuticals – involves mixing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) with excipients to create solid dosage forms such as powder, granules, tablets, capsules and pellets.
Matcon supplies solutions for blending powders within IBCs, handling blended powders without segregation and tablet handling in bulk without damage.
Matcon offers a complete range of IBC solutions for the industry, including formulation systems and blenders as well as having the knowledge and experience to successfully interface with every process step: granulation, roller compaction, milling, blending, compression, coating, printing and packing.
Matcon’s unique combination of IBC technology, expertise and decades of experience offers our customers high quality and proven solutions for:
- Lean and agile materials handling throughout the complete OSD Manufacturing Process – Quality by Design (QbD) from dispensary through to primary packing
- Avoiding segregation of blended powders and granules
- Removing blocking and bridging of powders and granules
- Gentle handling of delicate materials, such as tablets and capsules
- Contained and dust tight connections
Whether you are looking to upgrade your existing facility, or design a new one, we would be happy to provide you with ideas and solutions to help reduce your manufacturing costs and improve your production efficiency, quality and safety.
For more information please select from the links on the side or alternatively contact us.