IBC Blending Module
The Matcon IBC blending module eliminates the time-consuming cleaning associated with traditional static mixers such as ribbon blenders or cone blenders. As product is blended within the IBC itself the Blender is considered to be a ‘non-contact’ part requiring no cleaning between recipe changes.
- Tumble-blending on a 360° asymmetric axis to produce a homogenous mix directly within a Matcon IBC.
- Rapid batch changeovers as there is no cleaning between recipes. Any recipe mixed, at any time.
- No risk of cross-contamination as the recipe is fully contained within the IBC, unlike ribbon blenders which need a full clean-down between recipes.
- High OEE as IBCs are prepared and discharged separately from the blending process, minimising the time for loading and unloading the Blender compared to a ribbon blender or other fixed mixer.
- Material is fully discharged from the IBC, resulting in minimal amount of ‘waste’ compared to some fixed Mixer types
- Additional Intensifier available to provide High Shear blending where necessary to expand the blending capability for liquid additions.
- The ability to bin blend batches from 300L to 3100L
- Reduced facility costs as the IBC Blender can easily be accommodated in a small room or securely installed alongside the other IBC equipment, reducing the footprint compared to ribbon blenders or cone blenders
If you would like further information about our products please do contact us!